Re: Vacuum Retard unit

To: L&B Lubbers <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Retard unit
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:16:48 -0400
L&B Lubbers wrote:
> THE QUESTION: Can this be rectified by playing musical chairs with the plug
> wires at the cap end and twisting the distributor 1/4 counterclockwise at
> the clamp plate?

  Absolutely.

  As an aside, you likely don't have a vacuum retard anymore
on the old distributor. That's likely a vacuum advance, which
will behave oddly when connected to the same vacuum line
that the vacuum retard was. (different vacuum signals at
different times)

  The vacuum retard connection AFAIK isn't threaded, the
older distributors are the ones with threaded fasteners,
the new ones have push-ons for rubber hoses.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca