Re: Vacuum Retard unit

To: "Spitfire (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Retard unit
From: "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 18:51:32 -0400
Thanks again to all that responded so quickly AND for correcting me on the
retard
vs advance unit.  I now understand that the vacuum retard unit was only part
of the stock electronic unit.

After cleaning up the unit I can now read on the distributor that it is a
Lucas 25D - obviously not a Delco Remy as I thought earlier. Haynes shows
only a 45D4 or 45DE4 for Spitfires.  Here's a question:  What
is the 25D off of?

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire