Re: Carburetor Conundrum

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetor Conundrum
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:09:13 +0100
Hi Terry
I think you should be able to fit the throttle discs straight in, at least I
was able to, I think although the nominal size is 1.5" there are slight
variations between the bodies for different types and the type with the wax
stat jets is bigger than the standard jets if I remember right. Seems I
found some discs to replace the ones with the poppet valves for one of my
cars and they rattled about and the carbs were externally identical! Also I
did machine (drill and ream) my bodies for the new bushes, and no there were
no rubber seals on any of my carbs, I think if you have them it is either
something to do with the US spec or a DPO intervention!

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI