Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut

To: "Bernard Christian-Woodruff" <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be>
Subject: Re: Advice on removing Pulley Nut
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:46:20 +0100
Hi Brian
First and foremost beg borrow or steal, no don't steal, the right size
socket then select a high forward gear, this will amplify the braking
ability of the hand brake, or you could get someone to put the foot brake
on, this will help. Then use a long breaker bar to undo the nut, start as
far round as you can get, as the trans will wind up a long way. Alternately
if you are brave enough you can put a stilson wrench on it, (I think) or the
socket and breaker bar, rest the end of the chosen tool on the chassis, and
use the starter motor to undo it, this will often work better than the
pulling on the wrench method but is considerably more risky to flesh, paint
and radiator, if you haven't got them out of the way first!

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI