Re: period stereo

To: goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: period stereo
From: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:11:27 +0100

John,

Check out Jeff's excellent page at http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/radio.shtml

In fact, the whole of his site is excellent.  But the radio page describes
exactly what you want to do.

Dean
----------------

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:16:10 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?John=20Hobson?= <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: period stereo

I would like to replace my clarion stereo in my '77
Spit.  There is nothing wrong with it, except that it
is not very powerful and the bass is almost
non-existant.  Ideally I would like to get a modern
stereo that looks like an old stereo.  I would just
like good sound quality and decent tape player/radio,
not flashing lights, bells and whistles.  I bought a
pair of decent JBL speakers, so I would like a stereo
to go with it.  Any suggestions?

The reason that I don't want a modern stereo is that
it would like stick a 'steal me' sign on the car, and
I would like to keep the car as close to period as
possible.

cheers

John