Re: Axle Yokes

To: "Edward Hamilton" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Yokes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:32:24 +0100
Hi Ed
Excellent description of a casting flaw. Part of the job of the yoke is to
support the cup in the correct shape, as they are not strong on their own,
if there is any likely hood that the cup could distort into it, it is a
disposable item, on the other hand how many miles did the last joint do
before replacement. I gather from your description that it is running around
the curve rather than across it , is that correct, if so it will be of
little significance.

Graham.