Re: Axle Yokes

To: "Edward Hamilton" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Yokes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:19:20 +0100
Hi Ed
You could also fill the void with Loktite stud and bearing fit (green) this
stuff is good, super strong but can be dismantled with a bit of heat. The
other thing is are you sure it is a casting flaw, it is possible that if it
is just a small area that does not appear to have been in contact with the
cup it could be the normal problem of an oval yoke, the oval yoke is often
readily identifiable by the fact that the associated cup may spin leaving it
with a polished ring where the circlip rubs it. I know the difference is
obvious if you are familiar with casting defects but I thought I would
check, it could save you doing the same thing over next month.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI