Re: AMCO top

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <SMatson802@aol.com>
Subject: Re: AMCO top
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:28:01 -0400

> I bought a "new" AMCO top which had actually been in its box for about 20
> years or so.  The top is fine with the exception of the windows.  They
have a
> blue haze that does not seem to be on the surface.  Does anyone know what
> do about this?
> Lacking suggestions, does anyone know how to get in touch with AMCO?
> Don't bother with the auto polish/wax ideas as they have been tried and
> failed.  I also tried Windex and the window cleaner from AutoZone.

Blue I haven't seen - mine were RED... Apparently this is a product of a
combination of Armor-All and UV light and age (According to my local
Convertible Top Shop (Their real name)) ... maybe different tops' plastic
ages into different colours? :-)  My car had been in storage (in a wet
garage) for nine years.

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball"
London, Ont. Canada