Re: Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:41:40 -0400
Maybe I'm not looking close enough, but isn't there lots of room behind the
stock radio mount to put whatever stereo you want in there?  I've had three
different ones in there so far without difficulty, although for a DIN head
unit you'd need to fabricate a plate - no biggy.  That's the next one I'm
putting in the Spit - a JVC CD player which is currently in the wifey's car.

I have 2x 4-inchers in the doors, 2x5-inchers in mounts I made at the 'upper
sides' of the footwells (a nice fit, that...) and 2x 6x9's in boxes behind
the seats.  Works quite well.

Luke Lewis
'71 Spit - "Fireball"
London, Ont, Ca.