Re: Annoying water leak

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Annoying water leak
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:00:51 -0700
I traced a similar problem on my car back to two things:
1) water seeping in around the windscreen seal, which does drip
out >under< the dash.
2) water coming in around the base of the wipers.

I haven't really solved this yet, but I do need a new windscreen,
so when I do that I'll put a new seal in as well.

Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I am forced to leave my car out in the rain (with the top up,
> of course), I end up getting water in the front floorpans.
> This has been happening a lot recently here in New Jersey.
>
> I finally realized that the water seems to be dripping from inside the
> sides of the windshield frame and running down the A post
> just in front of the door, behind the side of the driver's glove
> box and beneath the vertical piece of carpeting.
[...]
--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work:        rfm(at)portalofevil.com