Re: Steering Wheel Flex Coupling

To: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Flex Coupling
From: "Bob Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:05:44 -0400
Bob,
        My guess would be that the bushings are worn,I gound a set of
replacement bushings and replaced mine to find the screws are
"squished"after assembly and have to be "adjusted" before they can be
removed,then further "dressed up" before they can be re-assembled. I
am not totally happy with the results and have purchased a new
joint(Rimmers) but have not installed it yet. I noticed that on the
new unit there is no ground strap,necessary for steering wheel horn.
So I'll have to figure a way around that.

Good Luck,

Bob Harris