how much to budget for body

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: how much to budget for body
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:41:08 -0400
I know you can't tell without looking at the car, but I am wondering how
much to budget for the body work on my car.  There is very little rust
damage, but there are some dents.  The rear valence, and trunk floor need
some work done.  The right door and outer sill took a shot, and the whole
car needs painted.  I am in the process of stripping the car down to the
tub.  I am going to do all of the disassembly, and reassembly and plan on
doing some of the clean up of the body.  However I am thinking of leaving
the body work to the experts.  My question is how much should I expect to
pay?

Also how do I get the windshield out of the frame without busting it?

Last someone last year sent me a diagram of the dimensions and locator
points for checking the frame.  The body shop says they need that to check
the car on the frame machine.  Does anyone still have that diagram, or can
tell me what book the diagram came out of?

Thanks, John