Re: magazine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: magazine
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> wrote:

> Cop Out!
>
> Joe
>
> Laura Gharazeddine wrote:
> >
> > I'm just not interested in autocross. I really seriously considered
> it for a while-but in hte end I realized that I would much prefer
> rallying.
> >
> > And Nigel just isn't manouverable enough for me with those 185s-and
> I'm not ready to change tires yet.

You should have driven the '72 I had back in High School - 175/70 eagle
gt's, no tread - basically slicks, grippy as all getout!  You could
hardly move the wheel at a standstill, and the tires would lean over so
far they'd strip the driveway black w/ the sidewall - my dad loved that
'feature'.  We couldn't break that car loose - we tried, trust me!
Well, on a power slide, maybe - this car would do 0-60 in 8 seconds!
;-)

I drove a '78 works competition prepared (replica) spit at Road Atlanta
2 years ago, and it had 195/50 14"s on it - and handled nicely, both on
the big track and the little autox course they'd set up.

Ask me about the Triumph Club President's TR6 w/ triple sidedraft
webers and 8" rims...  ;-)

Chip
who's 71 mkiv will someday become an autox'er, grocery getter, mountain
road carver, sportscar like the '72 that he foolishly sold to go to
college...  sigh!

=====
There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up
of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind
deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has
entered into the make-up of our character and of our
thoughts. -George Matthew Adams

http://mail.yahoo.com/