Spitfire wins class at Canadian National Autoslalom Championship

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire wins class at Canadian National Autoslalom Championship
From: "Doug Waldron" <dwaldron@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:58:37 -0500
This past weekend as reported by Dave Terrick, the Canadian National
Autoslalom Championship (CNAC) took place at Gimli, Manitoba.
cnac2000.erc.bc.ca should have results and pictures posted soon.

We weren't in Kansas because we had only 37 entries but my '78 Spitfire was
entered in the most popular class of DSP and took first place. I was not the
driver but shared the car with a gentleman from Quebec who I understand to
be their regional champ. He drove the car 3 - 4 second faster than I did
around the course. This guy was amazing, he needed his last run to be 1.5
seconds faster than his previous run to get the class win.

For those of you who follow SCCA slalom, CNAC had Gary Milligan and Joe
Cheng enter with their A-Mod Phantom R as a warm up for Topeka in September.

Doug