Re: Which carbs

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Which carbs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:10:26 -0700
The most difficult part pr rebuilding SU carbs is replacing the throttle shafts.

Many people choose to go with oversized shafts.  While it is easier to oversize
the channels for oversized shafts, it hurts your
performance to do so.  THis is because there is more metal in the way of
air/fuel getting into the engine.

The best way to do it is to drill and rebush the channels and use standard size
shafts.  But make sure that the holes are align bored
so that the shafts do not bind.

Joe