Re: Which carbs

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Which carbs
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:42:08 +0100
Hi All thanks for the swift responses,
I actually have a spare pair of SUs still with waxstat jets (40 pounds from the
spitfire graveyard) that I could recondition while still using the ones on the
car.
I thought about farming the drilling for the new spindle bushes to an
engineering firm. I guess they should know what they are doing?
Having seen the previous messages on the Webber DGV, would it be an option for
a low maintainance replacement?
The route for the air through the manifold looks very complicated, not exactly
freely breathing. how does the performance compare to twin SUs?
Otherwise do you think a warn dizzy could be the cause of my lack of top end
power?
If so should I get a recon dissy as well as an electronic ignition?
I think its time to ring the bank manager!!!!!
Cheers
Tim