ZS Dashpot oil Mystery...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: ZS Dashpot oil Mystery...
From: "Denise & Glenn Swan" <glennanddenise@sprint.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:26:33 -0400
For the life of me I can't figure out what's happening to the oil in the
dashpot. I fill it about every 100 kilometers (60 miles).

At the point I realize it needs filling, it looks bone dry. Am I doing any
damage to the carb? Where might it be going? Can't tell if its leaking out
or not, because I also seem to have a pretty good leak from the oil pan.
Surprise, surprise.....

I had the carb rebuilt about 1000 kilometers ago, but didn't have a problem
until 2 or 300 kilometeers ago. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks - Glenn
1980 Spitfire 1500
Toronto, ON
Canada