Re: Rimmer & spray paint

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Rimmer & spray paint
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:18:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Ptegler wrote:

> It's not just that DHL handled it the way they did...it's the idea that they
> can't ship it airmail. If anything...that's why DHL 'returned it to sender'

Don't know about the DHL side of this argument, but Rimmer told me over a
year ago that they could not ship paint spray cans to the states.  I never
tried any other kinds of paints or fluids, but I would guess that the needed
permits to ship anything considered potentially hazardous make it impossible.

Actually, now I am glad they refused my paint order.  I would have been
stuck with all those spray cans when I get the car repainted shortly in a
better colour.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |