wacky tachometer & throttle thing

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: wacky tachometer & throttle thing
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:09:04 -0500
Well, I got the tachometer working again on the Crane ignition system. It
was just missing a ground wire, so I refashioned one back on.

But now, it's grossly inaccurate. It doesn't seem to go past 2000. Any
suggestions?

And now the reason why I don't drive it is due to the throttle on the single
Stromberg. The throttle arm right now is at the end of the whole springed
unit, but it has the big chance of coming off loose.

So I screwed on a nut at the end of the throttle thing, but each time i
screw it on, there seems to be a point where it comes loose. As I was
driving it around, it indeed had to come loose, and sounded like a pachinko
machine when it fell out of my car. Any suggestions? I can't think of what
would keep the throttle "arm" from coming off. Cotter pin arrangement
perhaps?

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net
now with fortified commentaries