Re: Restoration, or Preparation?

To: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoration, or Preparation?
From: "Bill Munts" <bmunts@iol-12.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:07:59 -0500
Hi Bob,

I fall into the prepare category myself.  My car is a combined street car /
autocross car.  I have found that to be some what competitive in autocross
(street prepared) the suspension set up is rather harsh for the road....not
that I couldn't get used to it.  My car has urethane bushing all around
(from BPNW) and SPAX shocks.  I really, really wish I would have paid the
extra money for adjustable spring seats on the front shocks.  If you go with
Spax make sure you pay attention to the shock orientation when installing or
you will have trouble adjusting them.

Good Luck

Bill Munts
'70 Mk3 Spitfire