Re: Headlight covers

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: Headlight covers
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:45:10 -0700
>Joe, those headlight covers you've got on Tiny Tim, where did those come
from?
>I like the idea and the look and would like to put a set on my car.  Figured
>I'd post the question through the group as I suspect several others would be
>interested in hearing how they too could put headlight covers on their
>Spitfires.
Unfortunately, I think you'll find that it requires more than just covers.
If you look, you'll notice that the light bucket is also mounted about 2 or
3 inches further back in the fender housing - which would (as it did on the
Le Mans bonnets) require extensive metal or fiberglass work/fabrication -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)