Re: ZS CD carb overhaul

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: ZS CD carb overhaul
From: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 13:50:28 -0600
Thank heavens for this list!!

I did as suggested and now idle at 600rpm.  My problem turns out to have
been that I used the wrong gasket when I re-assembled the bypass valve.
I mistakenly opened the valve when I was cleaning the carb and tore the
diaphragm (sp?) so I ordered another and it came with two gaskets.  I
mistakenly used one of these between the valve and the carb thus
creating a large vacumn leak.  Found the correct gasket in the pile of
leftovers and now all is well - or at least we are moving on to fuel:air
mixture tuning.  I disassembled the plastic mixture screw too so I will
have to figure that out too.

Thanks for all the suggestions.