ZS CD carb overhaul

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS CD carb overhaul
From: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:32:28 -0600
My first try at rebuilding a ZS CD carb has resulted in a puzzling
problem for me.  I replaced all gaskets and the biased metering needle
and bowl jet but when I start the car now it idles (!) at 2800 rpm with
no choking or pressure on the accelerator.  The idle speed screw is
completely backed out so that's not the problem.  I've pulled it off 3
times to check the float height and it is set to the specs (16-17mm).
Does this problem seem familiar to anyone?  I've run out of things to
check - and I thought that setting the mixture was going to be a
problem!

Gary Hutton
76 1500