Engine stalling around 2000 rpm.

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Nass" <nass@eGroups.com>,
Subject: Engine stalling around 2000 rpm.
From: "Sean & Shannon Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 23:18:33 -0500
Everyone,
        I've been having a number of  problems with my '80 Spit.  Earlier, it
was
exhaust manifold leaks and the ignition coil and both seem to be fixed.  Now
the car starts but as it moves to fast idle it peters out and stalls.  I do
have gas in the tank and its not old.   Should I still look for a manifold
leak at the intake or is there something else to look for?  (BTW the carb is
in good shape with a new, properly installed diaphragm, if it matters). This
is probably a simple problem but I'm just not troubleshooting well lately
(especially after watching election results until 3a.m. today).   I would
have tried the listquest archives first but the script errors abound and
their support people have not returned my e-mail.

Slanti,
Sean Twigg
'80 Spitfire