Re: "a" pillar seal question

To: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>, spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: "a" pillar seal question
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:33:40 -0500
As the nylon guide blocks that hold the window in
its tracks wear, it becomes possible to window to
rise higher than it should.  When this happens,
it can start crushing the front rubber seal or even
pushing the scraper seal out of position.
If you have a hardtop, the top of the glass can start striking
it when you open and close the doors. One fix
is to bend in the sides of the top 1/2" of the tracks so they
are a bit narrower, and prevent the guide blocks from
rising too high.  Also, the tops of the tracks can
get splayed out over time, producing the same symptoms.

Doug Braun