Wrinkle paint

To: Spitfires Digest <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wrinkle paint
From: LT <llst@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:46:58 -0800
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:22:48 GMT
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wrinkle paint

I just bought some from an auto parts store, LORDCO, and can not get it
to wrinkle. It is made by Plasticote and is called WRINKLE FINISH  217
Black.
I have tried putting it on 3 different times and all I get is black
gloss paint with some orange peel effect if I put it on too heavy.

I am now trying some textured paint from Canadian Tire. It is made by
Crown and is called SPECKLE STONE. It is more of a bumby texture to it,
definitely not the wrinkle effect.  First coat came out okay and I put a
second coat on as I started to type this. I will have to cover this with
some black as the paint I am using comes in grey. I am also considering
using some vinyl on the dash and the panels around the steering column.
Has anybody tried this? Would there be a problem with the glue letting
go as it would be quite difficult to wrap the vinyl around to the back?

Larry Ternowski
66 MK2