Re: missing oil seal

To: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
Subject: Re: missing oil seal
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:31:59 -0700
John,
How old is that bell housing?  There were two different front covers used.  The
early ones have a scroll type seal as you describe.
THe later ones have the means of adding a modern type of seal.  If yours is the
older type, you can replace the cover with the later
one.

I might have one of them in my collection of parts.  If you want me to look,
let me know

Regards,
Joe