Re: missing oil seal

To: "John Cave" <cavej@mcmaster.ca>,
Subject: Re: missing oil seal
From: "Bob Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:28:22 -0500
John& Joe
                  Is this an overcrive trans? I've read and from what
I've seen (2 od transmissions) the overdrive trans was fitted with the
scroll seal through 1980. I believe I read it in the Rimmer cat. when
buying a new input shaft for my 1980 od gearbox. The input shaft has a
different part number for  for rubber seal or scroll seal so I assume
they are different.

Thought you'd like to know,

Bob Harris

P.S. also,on both of these transmissions,there were no springs behind
the bellhousing to press against the laygear thrust washers,anyone
else ever find the springs missing?