RE: MK2 tail lights and seat belts

To: "'LT'" <llst@telus.net>,
Subject: RE: MK2 tail lights and seat belts
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:13:05 +0200
Hi Larry

Rear turn lamps on my Mk 2 are L691 ( amber / orange glass lenses )if I
remember correctly . It's the same style and diameter as the front park
light lenses ( clear glass lenses ) . It's also the same as the ones on the
Mk 1's .

AFAIK the Mk 2 used only one rectangular LUCAS backup ( reverse ) light . It
was available as an optional extra on the Spitfire 4 ( aka Mk 1 ) and Mk 2 .
There is a nice picture of it on page 23 of the Spitfire guide to
originality by John Thomason ( picture 1.84 ) .

I obtained one of these lights for FC 25680 a long time ago . Still needs to
be fitted though .

Give me a shout if more info are needed .

Kind Regards

Chris de Wet
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
'56 TR 3 ( TS 10795 ) & '64 Spitfire ( 4FC25680 )
+ a few other Heralds and early Spitfires .