Re: MK2 tail lights and seat belts

To: LT <llst@telus.net>, Spitfires Digest
Subject: Re: MK2 tail lights and seat belts
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:53:07 -0800
On the '68 Mk III I'm working on, it uses the small round lenses for turn
signals and backup lights in the rear in addition to the main lights.  Odd
thing about the backup light lenses- they are glass.  I haven't been able
to check this out on other cars, but it seems like a silly thing to use in
a lense when even the red ones are plastic.

Front lights aren't round but are the rectangular models with two bulbs in
each housing and a split white/amber lense assembly.  Later models (1969)
went to a single all amber lense and one light in the front.  Depending
upon where your Mk III was destined for, it may have either a clear/amber
combo lense or two sets of amber lense for the front.

As for round lenses up front, I cannot see any reason why they would be a
different size than those on the back.

-Vegaman Dan
-68 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |     ConiFur NorthWest 2000 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |