Re: Hot Start Problem, 1980 ZS carb

To: jweale@eskimo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Start Problem, 1980 ZS carb
From: RIBJEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:05:39 EST
I have another possibility for your not starting when hot.

Do you have the original electronic ignition?
Is it the style that has the module attached to the distributor?

If you answer yes to both of these questions then there is the possibility
that the module gets overheated and then quits working.  This is what
happened to me in my '78... after the engine was good & warm (45 min drives)
I would be cruising along and the car would just quit.  If I sat on the side
of the road for about 20 minutes - trying the whole time to find the problem
with by carb.  The car would have cooled off enough to start.  After a couple
of weeks driving like this I finally broke down and took it to a mechanic.
The solution was to put a petronix module in it.  this cured the not starting
when hot problem.

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire