Re: Mounting the Heater Control Valve

To: "Ron Deaver" <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>
Subject: Re: Mounting the Heater Control Valve
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:37:39 -0600
Ron Deaver wrote:

> Is the proper way to mount the valve to sandwich the mounting plate
between
> the valve and brass hose fitting (they bolt together with #10 x 1" bolts),
> or do you bolt the hose fitting to the brass hose connection, then bolt
> that assembly to the valve mounting bracket?

Ron, I replaced my heater control valve a couple of weeks ago, and the old
one did in fact have the mounting bracket sandwiched between the coupling
and the hose.  I installed the new one the same way, and fortunately managed
to get the hose snugged down with no leaks.

Cheers, Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O