Mounting the Heater Control Valve

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mounting the Heater Control Valve
From: Ron Deaver <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:41:19 -0800
Ever start a project and forget all the little details after multiple
weekends?  I am in a bind...  I pulled the heater control valve off of my
80 Spitfire to clean, and after 6 weeks, I cannot remember the proper
mounting method.

Is the proper way to mount the valve to sandwich the mounting plate between
the valve and brass hose fitting (they bolt together with #10 x 1" bolts),
or do you bolt the hose fitting to the brass hose connection, then bolt
that assembly to the valve mounting bracket?  I could swear remembering the
two parts sandwich the valve mounting bracket, but the first assembly that
way resulted in a nice coolant geyser.

Looking forward to a working heater again now that the cold Washington
winter is hitting the area...

Ron Deaver
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500