Fitting a hard top w/soft still on

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Fitting a hard top w/soft still on
From: "Sean & Shannon Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 07:32:05 -0500
Everyone,
        First I would like to say thank you to everyone who provided me with
help
over the past six months of first time spitfire ownership.  I'm in the midst
of  winterizing and am ready to attach the hard top.  I know that this is
possible with the soft top still bolted in.  My question is whether I need
to unbolt the rear retaining bar of the soft top before I fit the hard top
or do I leave it  attached.  The Bentley and factory manuals provide little
or no pertinent details about hard top fitment.

Slanti,
Sean Twigg
'80 Spitfire