Re: Fitting a hard top w/soft still on

To: "Sean & Shannon Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>,
Subject: Re: Fitting a hard top w/soft still on
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:45:03 +0100
At 07:32 24-11-2000 -0500, Sean & Shannon Twigg wrote:

>I'm in the midst
>of  winterizing and am ready to attach the hard top.  I know that this is
>possible with the soft top still bolted in.  My question is whether I need
>to unbolt the rear retaining bar of the soft top before I fit the hard top
>or do I leave it  attached.

You do need to unbolt the rear retaining plate, since the hardtop won't sit
properly on the rear deck with the plate still in place. Besides, you need
to uncover the holes for the rear hardtop mounting bolts.

You should also be aware of the need for different B-pillar brackets. I
forget which ones you need when, but there are two kinds of brackets, long
and short, to be used with or without the softtop in place.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,