Update on Baby Blue

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on Baby Blue
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:15:22 -0000
Last month Baby Blue got her left rear hub replaced and what a difference
it's made, no nasty loud klunks going over bumps or potholes, just slightly
quieter ones from the other hub/half-shaft now! Never mind, a replacement's
been found for that one and poor BB will be undergoing more reconstructive
surgery, hopefully next week. After seeing the state of the previous
half-shaft after it was taken off I'm rather amazed it lasted as long as it
did, the needle bearings had cut into the shaft and the whole hub was loose
with a sideways travel of nearly an inch. Methinks that replacement was well
overdue.

It was good timing to have arranged that as there's now another little job
to do, replacing the emissions valve. I've been having problems with it for
a while and got a replacement (though sitting safely in the boot isn't the
best place for it I guess). Yesterday morning there was I, in the cold,
turning the key expecting BB to start up first time as usual, when there was
quite a bang and then just the sound of the starter turning but not
catching. So, I got out, murmuring sweet nothings (#$%^&) and when I checked
under the bonnet I was ready to do more than murmur. The valve had fallen
out of its seating but that was ok, I've had to reseat it before, the
problem this time was that the hose from it to the rocker box had sheared.
I'm familiar with rubber perishing or getting softer but this had just
broken clean through  as though it was brittle, yet I'd replaced it about 4
months ago. So, tomorrow I'm off on the hunt for another replacement hose to
get her back on the road then I'm hoping to get these next few jobs done in
a week or so.

I'm still in the process of arranging for getting the door repaired through
the insurance too but when all that's been done she should be just about
good as new - until the next problem.

So, that's the latest from us for now.
Suzie