Interesting item on eBay web site item#508515307: Triumph :

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#508515307: Triumph :
From: laura.g@141.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:29:54 PST
If anyone is interested, I'm sure Nigel and I can take a ride over and have a
look!

Laura G.

Title of item:  Triumph : spitfire
Seller: arobson@gte.net
Starts: Nov-24-00 08:34:43 PST
Ends:   Dec-01-00 08:34:43 PST
Price:  Starts at $500.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=508515307

Item Description:
        I purchased this car from the original owners who bought it in 1964 to
go on their honymoon!!  This is a very original car,it runs well allthough it
has not been registered in over ten years,the car was originaly wedgewood
blue,the body is now black primer. There are some areas of very light garage
rash that have been somewhat popped out and skimmed with filler.All of this is
just superficial and does not show from the outside of the car.This is a
southern california car and there is no rust any where on the car.The engine is
all original and runs strongly,it has the original twin S.U.carbs,and the
original cooling system complete with radiator shrouds.The electrical system is
original and has not been messed whith to any great extent. The underside of
the car is exceptionaly clean the frame rails and outriggers are damage and
rust free.The floor pans are in excellent shape,the trans tunnel is original
and complete but is a little tired. the car has it's original factory so!
ft top though some mice thought it looked like dinner and ate a hole in it.The
interior parts are mostly there although it is very tired, the rear three
panels and wheel arch covers are installed in the car the pass side door panel
is also installed ,the drivers side panel is missing.The parcel trays are gone
also.The seats have non original covers on them.The bumpers are in terrific
shape as is the grill.This car is an excellent candidate for an an easy
restoration or drive it as it is and fix it as you go. All the parts are
available for this vehicle i can also source used parts. 20% of winning bid due
within 3 days of auction close full and final payment due when you pick up the
car.The vehicle must be picked up no later than ten days after the close of the
auction unless previous arrangements have been made. buyer responsible for
shipping although i can deliver locally for a nominal fee. I accept Cashiers
checks and money orders and credit cards through Paypal
 Please feel free to e-mail me with your questions
On Nov-24-00 at 08:49:28 PST, seller added the following information:

I accept PayPal, the #1 payment service in online auctions!

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at
http://www.ebay.com