A friend's 1969 Mk. III Spitfire up for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: A friend's 1969 Mk. III Spitfire up for sale
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:33:11 -0600
A friend of mine has decided to abandon his long-term Mk. III
restoration, and is offering it up for sale as-is.

Located in Iowa City, IA.  Not in rolling condition, but could be
without an inordinate amount of work (though you'd still have boxes
of parts to contend with).  He is asking in the neighborhood of
$2,000.

I have no financial interest in the car; I just know that the work
done so far has been quality work, so far as I know, and that it can
be turned into a pretty darned nice car in the right hands (as in a
fine member of the Team.Net lists!).  I would actually consider
buying it myself if I weren't in the depths of my TR3 project.

Contact me off-list if you're interested and want his phone number.

What I remember about the car (and some of it may be incorrect so
don't bank on it before you talk to the owner) is this:

1968 Spitfire, titled as 1969.

Factory hardtop in great condition, with original glass.

Overdrive transmission was purchased for the car, condition unknown to me.

Extra parts (maybe a generator, some instruments, misc.).

Spare engine.

Rebuilt SU carb set.

Set of new tires (have been sitting for several years, but were never
even mounted).

Many new bits awaiting installation.

The car is a restored body shell awaiting final prepping, priming,
and painting.  It got new floors, new rockers, a new battery box, and
some other miscellaneous rust repair.  I don't believe there's any
filler left -- I think it's all metal.  The chassis has a rebuilt
diff, rebuilt front suspension & brakes, & etc. on it, awaiting the
fitment of the body shell.

Best to all,
Dan
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L.  Needs an O.  Undergoing frame-off restoration
begun 9/99.  Currently awaiting motivation and time from owner.

1997 Nissan pickup, a.k.a. Triumph support vehicle.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too.  In need of a
comprehensive restoration (again), but will have to wait its turn in
storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!