Engine

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine
From: JM Dion <dion.longpre@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:16:05 -0500
Bonjour

Recently I've bought a MKII 1966 for parts. The engine, an 1147 cc (
FC82854HE ), didn't run for at least 15 Years. The engine is not seized.
I 've put a bit of oil in each cylinder connect the battery and took the
compression. Surprise! the result is between 135 and 140 for all
cylinders. With that kind of reading what should I do or pay attention
to before putting the engine back in service? Is there other kind of
test or check, that I should do?  Should I rebuild the engine anyway,
change all gaskets and oil seal only? What about the crank?

Thanks

Jean-Marc Dion
Spitfire MKII 1967
Quebec Canada