Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie Spitfire owner with questioins...
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:32:03 -0500
Hi there!

I've been looking for a Spitfire for quite a long time and finally found one
that is in very good shape.  It is a 1978, the body is virtually rust free
and it is in very good mechanical order.  The hard top is in good shape too
and the price was right.  So now I have a new toy to sink money into!  I
have some questions:

1.  What exact colour is JMA?  I think it is PageantBlue, but not 100% sure.

2.  My CommisionNumber plaque is damaged.  It is missing the bottom right
hand corner, where the trim code goes.  The only digits on it are "C7".
What is the proper Trim code?

3.  There is a trim piece that goes below the wood dash, mine is damaged.  I
have looked at several catalogues and cannot find a replacement.  Is this
one of those "not found" parts?  What have you guys done to fix this piece.
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

4.  My Spitfire has these chrome rearview mirrors on the doors.  Are they
original?  What is the "correct" rearview mirrors fitted to these cars?

5.  I don't have an owner's manual.  There is a 'Hazard' indicator between
the tach and speedo.  When I turn the lights on, it glows.  Is this part of
the circuit that tells me that there might be a burned out bulb?  Just
wondering...

Sorry for so many questions.  Thanks for reading...

joe