O/D knob

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D knob
From: "Ron & Susan" <rroach@direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:27:47 -0800
Hey all!  It looks as though my Spit is finally going to get overdrive.
I've located a fellow who does work on LBC's in his spare time(with lots of
triumph experience) that has a rebuilt unit that he'll install all for
$1,000.  I was having a hard time finding a used setup for that much(this
converting to US dollars thing sucks!).
Anyway, a new clutch pack will be going in a swell, but one thing I'm not
sure of....
will a Volvo O/D shift knob work?  This is what he has, and if it fits,
he'll install it and then I can try to find the proper one later.  I know
that MGB's used the same one.  Would anyone know where I could locate one in
caes I need to?

thanks in advance...

Ron
'78 Spit(soon with 6 speeds!)