Re: Chrome or black trim

To: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>,
Subject: Re: Chrome or black trim
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:00:41 +0000 (GMT)
The java green and pageant blue type colours are much more late 70s/80s
type colours than signal red/BRG.  The black trim seems more in-keeping
with this period, whereas the chrome trim suggests an earlier design.  I
don't think that the chrome trim looks at all bad, just that the
java/black trim seems a new period in Spitfire design along with the
extra plastic bits(which I am not a fan of, especially the late American
all plastic bumper models, uurrggh).

But then I originally wanted a 60s Mk3, but got a 1500 becuase of
practicality reasons (I wanted the car as a daily driver).  Now I love
the look of the 1500 much more than I did in my pre-spitfire owning days.
 I still think it would be nice to rid my car of plastic though...

cheers
John

--- Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> wrote: > At 10:06 28-11-2000 +0000,