Re: warning light and alternator

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: warning light and alternator
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:54:43 +0000
Hi John

If you think its electric it could be that the coil is buggered, not giving
enough juice at high revs?
Not sure of a way to test this though (any help from the list?)
Whatever, Halfords sell a Lucas original coil for not much!
The only time I had this sort of problem I had just fitted some free flow
air filters and hence the whloe system was running weak at high revs..
Richer needles and the car started going like stink!
Cheers
Tim