Re: Wheel weight

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel weight
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:28:23 -0800
Len Lubbers wrote:

> Finally a non-technical question that I can answer without any special tools
>and
> I actually have a rim (with no tire mounted) handy.
>
> Here is what my bathroom scale tells me: about 12 lbs.   You would have to
> subtract an ounce for the valve stem.

Len, are these the 5" (as used on the 79/80 spits) or 4.5" ?
Enquiring minds like to know ;-)

When I get a chance I'll check the 5.5" Western alloys I have.
(they are in storage at a friends house, waiting for me to change my
wheel studs so I can use a common lug nut.). I have a sneaking suspicion
that they aren't any lighter though.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com