Re: Alternative gear lubes

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Alternative gear lubes
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:47:51 EST
In a message dated 1/12/01 2:27:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

<<   Are you sure your clutch isn't just slipping?

   The OD joint that usually slips is when the cone clutch is
 on the brake ring. That should only be in OD, which shouldn't
 happen in 1st or 2nd. >>

Trevor brings the best point here, my OD if functioning only in 3rd and 4th,
as it should (Good effort for a few of you pointing this out as a problem,
but my OD is OFF in 1st 2nd). In any case, I put a new clutch in when I did
the swap, so assuming there is nothing wrong with it and it does not slip,
could any internal J OD failure cause the driveline slippage I am
experiencing? If not then the tranny will have to come out for "a regular"
2000mi. clutch inspection!
TIA,
Avi