Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:54:09 +0000
In article <3.0.1.32.20010224204147.0088b700@pop.xs4all.nl>, Eric
Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl> writes
>At 18:26 24-2-2001 +0000, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
>
>>A picture of my boot (plus several sexy pictures of the rest of my car)
>>can now be seen at: http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/Spit.html
>
>Nice car!

Not at all bad, is she?   There are actually a lot of places where the
rust is beginning to break through, and she sags to starboard, but she
is rather photogenic. :-)

>>The feelers and bottle-opener are in there somewhere...
>
>I like the brolly.

Wouldn't be without it, old boy!   The rest of the kit that's in there
at the moment is as follows:

Spare wheel
Owner's Manual
Restoration Guide
Haynes Manual
Sleeping Bag
Hood Bag
Wax Jacket
Cloth Cap
pair of leather gloves
Blanket
Towel
several rags
pair of carburettor rebuild kits
spare accelerator cable
can of De-icer
gallon of screenwash
gallon of oil
car jack
wheelbrace
starting handle
pair of heavy-duty jump-leads
plug spanner
various screwdrivers
a couple of pairs of pliers
adjustable spanner
halogen torch
set of bulbs
set of fuses
large plastic sheet

and of course, a set of feeler gauges...

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: