Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:34:20 +0000
In article <001b01c09e93$640368a0$e09c6620@lapuser>, Laura G.
<Laura.G@141.com> writes
>> A picture of my boot (plus several sexy pictures of the rest of my car)
>> can now be seen at: http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/Spit.html
>>
>> The feelers and bottle-opener are in there somewhere...
>
>"Nice  though, isn't she?"
>
>Yes-a real looker!

Yours is rather gorgeous as well; I particularly liked the "other"
Spitfire in the background of the picture!

> What's her name?

I've been working on that for the last few days, and I think I may have
the answer...

The first name to pop into my head was Carolyn - for no reason I could
ascertain - this then mutated into Caroline, which was slightly better,
but not right.   I then had a blinding flash of 1970s inspiration, and
came up with Purdey (Joanna Lumley in "The New Avengers", not the
shotgun manufacturer).   This was nice but, I thought, a little
presumptuous, so I decided to sleep on it.   I woke up this morning with
what I think is "the answer" - Carly.   First of all it is an accurate
description (CARL[ight]Y[ellow]); secondly, I had a huge crush on a girl
called Carly in 1977, and thirdly, you can't get much more
archetypically Seventies than Carly Simon.

What do you think?

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: