Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:49:13 +0000
In article <"013213A9A83A501D*/c=us/admd=  /prmd=Cat/o=NOTES/s=Gosling/g
=Richard/i=B/"@MHS>, Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
writes

>Mike,
>
>I like Carly - good name for a car, sounds kind of fluffy and flirty and fun
> (anything like your crush in the '70s?)!

*VERY* like my crush in the '70s. :-)

>  And the CAR - Light Yellow is a nice
> touch!
>
>You mentioned before you went to a TSSC meet in Hitchin - whereabouts are you
> from?  I'm from near Huntingdon, and there's another member in Cambridge
> (although we have yet to meet in person), so I'm guessing you are not too far
> - although not that close, as I believe there is a TSSC meet near Cambridge
> (wouldn't know for certain, I'm not a member).

Actually, I'm probably closer than you think - Hitchin is as far from me
as Cambridge - I live in Bedford.   Huntingdon is even closer.   In USAn
terms we live next door to each other.   Perhaps we should get together
and show our cars off to the deserving people of Beds and Hunts (if it
ever stops raining...)

Why haven't you joined the club?   I am fairly sure I've already saved
my annual subscription by ordering a few heavily-discounted parts.

>Richard & Daffy (another Car - Light Yellow, hence Daffy short for Daffodil)

Not an Inca Yellow 1500, by any chance?

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: