duh my camshaft question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: duh my camshaft question
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 20:04:06 -0800 (PST)
And the camshaft question is;
  What are some of your recommendations for a
streetable camshaft on an overbored block and higher
(9.5:1 to 10:1) compression ratio, ported/polished
head w/competition valves? I was planning on going
with the comp prep manual of an A-6, but I've been
warned against using it on the street (it's starting
power range pushed up over a thousand rpms over a
stock cam).
  Paul Tegler's got a good chart of cams, but the
variety of "streetable" cams is a bit broad between
manufacturers (especially for valve lift). And I'm
wondering what some of the real world experience has
been on the hotter cams your running.
  I'm sure a few of you have actually tried multiple
cams and sort of have a line on the more affective
cams. Paul?

-Terry
'76 spit 1500
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/