RE: duh my camshaft question

To: "'Terry Thompson'" <firespiter@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: duh my camshaft question
From: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:29:54 -0500
Terry,

I'm using a piper 285 cam that we advanced 4 degrees with a vernier gear
set.  Advancing it brought the power range down a little.  It's a nice cam,
with noticable power improvements, but I do have a few minor acceleration
flat spots.  Hopefully,  the flat spots will be cured once I get the
fuel/air ratio guage.  THe vernier set is a dual chain set for a TR6 that I
bought from Ted Schumacher.  He's one of the poeple who recommended
advancing the timing of the cam.

Elgin cams (www.elgincams.com) has a # of cams available for the 1500
engine.  I've never dealt with them,  but they have a great technical
description of cams on the web site.

Mike